Could you help me with my uni project? please!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i am currently a student studying product design and in my 3rd year. I was wondering if you nice people would be willing to help me with my current project. For my project i am trying to design furniture specifically for attics, it could not thank you enough if you would take a minute to complete a questionnaire I made.
I also think I need to apologies for some of my spelling, but that is why I study design

Thank you very much

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/YSFHJ2J

Sponsored Links
Yep, absolutely horrendous that people can get into university these days when they can't even spell. Never mind though, He'll have to design a lot of furniture to pay the student loan off. ;) ;)

Can't spell. Can't be bothered to use a spell checker.

But wants our help to do his work for him.

Would he, I wonder, approach a customer or prospective employer with work as shoddy as that?

Sponsored Links
We have a loft conversion and, thanks to the sloping walls on three sides, almost everything will have to be designed to fit and built in. I'd be very surprized to find any furniture that matched both the slope of the roof and also the height of the dwarf walls.

Any ready-made cupboards would have to be on the low side to fit against a dwarf wall while leaving useful space on top. Wall units? Forget it. Vertical wall space is at a premium in an attic.

Also bear in mind that attic stairs can be narrow and steep, maybe with winders too. I managed to get a sofa-bed up ours but I'm in no hurry to do it again! Think self-assembly. :) :) :)

Idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: What about modules that fit together, both horizontally and vertically, so as to fit whatever wall space there is. Include some with angled sides to make better use of a vertical wall between two slopes. What angle? :?: :?: :?: Good question. You'll need to collect some data on roof slopes to work that one out. :confused: :confused: :confused:

So spelling is not his strong point? didnt stop people like

Albert Einstein
Alexander Graham Bell
Leonardo Da Vinci
Thomas Edison
Richard Branson

Just because you cant spell does not mean you cant be a success at something

I don't think anyone was seriously suggesting that he'd get nowhere because he struggles with spelling!

I don't think anyone was seriously suggesting that he'd get nowhere because he struggles with spelling!

Probably not, but it was posted above how 'shoddy' it was and would he ever deal with customers with spelling like that.

Anyway, I have done your survey

Albert Einstein
Alexander Graham Bell
Leonardo Da Vinci
Thomas Edison
Richard Branson

If he's a going to pursue a career in product design then communicating his ideas clearly and professionally, via the written word, to people he's asking to back his ideas and invest serious money in development and marketing is going to be a pretty essential skill.

At least 15 years in formal education so far and can't spell spare or sofa????? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Questionnairre completed Deucthy.

Let me know the results of your analysis.

done-

Not sure what you are asking in the final question though... I just alluded to the fact that the main limitation is that there is no attic above to exploit later...

good luck

Access was the main difficulty that I considered, and the ability to get furniture into the attic.

Cheers Lou- I just assumed that they were givens.

I guess I muddied the water by wanting a conversion to store the crap that is already in the attic.

'Suppose that is the problem with open ended questions.

BTW OP you can use logic with survey monkey so that you don't have to tell people to jump to 2 questions later. You just enable it to make that question appear if they submit a given answer...

God I am boring- need another pint me thinks....

Albert Einstein
Alexander Graham Bell
Leonardo Da Vinci
Thomas Edison
Richard Branson

apperntly to be genuis you have to have dislexyia
but unfortunatly not all people with it are

Sponsored Links
Back