university student requiring help to better diy products

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i am a student in my final year at huddersfield university (u.k) studying product design part of my course involves researching diy/home improvement.

i am wanting to improve/redesign/create an aid to the diy trade

is there anybody out there with either problems or ideas relating to diy that could be turned by me into a product that would benefit diy'ers.
also i have prepared a questionaire that if anyone would care to fill in i will e-mail you a copy

i must also stress this is a student project only and will not be made avaiable for commercial use

thanks in advance jimbobdiy

Sponsored Links
jimbobdiy said:
..................i am wanting to improve/redesign/create an aid to the diy trade.

..................i must also stress this is a student project only and will not be made avaiable for commercial use

So is there any benefit except to you?

How about a hammer with an anti-thumb-hitting device? Self-sharpening chisel? Wood that doesn't shrink? Glue that doesn't get on your fingers? Clamps that are always the right length? Self-levelling shelves?

Plenty more where they came from. :LOL:

A new bubble for spirit levels?

Sorry not very constructive. I couldn't help it. I did try and think of something for you though.

Sponsored Links
An aid to DIY eh?....... A list of professionals to put the disaster right? :LOL:

kendor said:
An aid to DIY eh?....... A list of professionals to put the disaster right? :LOL:

Thats called yellow pages and has already been invented so it doesnt count :LOL:

countygardens said:
kendor said:

Thats called yellow pages and has already been invented so it doesnt count :LOL:
bug#er, been using that to level the three legged stool .... Now I know !
:D :D
Design my perfect internal door closer come stop ... if door opened to or beyond say 70° then remains as placed, close to less than 70° then door must automatically close slowly and quietly, mustn't crush kiddies or pets, never slam. To be totally unobtrusive, easy to set up and maintain, and as cheap as chips...
;)

empip said:
countygardens said:
kendor said:

bug#er, been using that to level the three legged stool .... Now I know !
:D :D
Design my perfect internal door closer come stop ... if door opened to or beyond say 70° then remains as placed, close to less than 70° then door must automatically close slowly and quietly, mustn't crush kiddies or pets, never slam. To be totally unobtrusive, easy to set up and maintain, and as cheap as chips...
;)

Hmmmmmmmm! BT phone book :?:

countygardens said:
kendor said:

I said a list of professionals not one's that think they are and have paid for the privilege of being in the yellow peril ;)

jimbobdiy said:
i am a student in my final year at huddersfield university (u.k) studying product design part of my course involves researching diy/home improvement.

is there anybody out there with either problems or ideas relating to diy that could be turned by me into a product that would benefit diy'ers.
also i have prepared a questionaire that if anyone would care to fill in i will e-mail you a copy

i must also stress this is a student project only and will not be made avaiable for commercial use

Ignore the purile p**s take, concentrate on why tools are right hand biased instead of being designed to be ambidextros.

Eddie M said:
concentrate on why tools are right hand biased instead of being designed to be ambidextros.

Good point that. Many times I have had to go upside-down or back-to-front to get a left-handed angle on something!

Eddie M said:
jimbobdiy said:

Ignore the purile p**s take, concentrate on why tools are right hand biased instead of being designed to be ambidextros.

Girly swat :!:

How about a tool to read the angle of the dangle when the dangle has a tangle cos the angle is too steep!! :LOL:

Here are some...

Tartan Paint,
Elbow Grease dispenser
Security Chain for Skirting Ladders...
Disposable Long Weights..
Robot that does the DIY right first time..... :LOL:

jimbobdiy, please read forum rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back