A DIY Questionnaire

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

I am a final year product design student studying at the University of Huddersfield. I would greatly appreciate it if you could take the time to fill in my questionnaire which will assist me alot. This questionnaire is based on DIY and the issues around DIY in todays climate and aims to gain your views on it.

http://FreeOnlineSurveys.com/rendersurvey.asp?sid=57v6j5vzxrvrk7z547403

Thanks for your time,

Hinesh

Sponsored Links
I'm sorry but I'm going to be very critical, even scathing about your survey:

I can't complete the questionnaire. It won't allow me to unless I answer all the questions and some are just silly. e.g. Qs 9 & 10, how can you allocate a price range to any 1 tool, without being more specific?

Other questions need multiple answers, e.g. Qs 5,7 & 8.

Q 11, An "object broke" needs to be more specific. Do you mean a tool, a chair, or a television?

Q13 is very limiting, e.g. there may have been minimal frustration during the last experience, but some major frustration during some previous experience.

And finally Q14 seems a little vague, suppose my "dream" would be to make a sunshade on a tropical island. :confused:

I thinknext time, you ought to run a pilot survey before running the full blown survey, in order to identify the 'errors' in the questions.
I suspect and hope that you'll learn more about surveys than you will about DIY projects and experiences.

Sponsored Links
Hinesh,
done but found it difficult to answer in places, perhaps 'no opinion' option
Good luck with the course anyway and hope the survey helps.
Rob

done, the tools Q.s as said above difficult to answer correctly as different tools are so varied in price.
even something like a drill can be £15 for a cheapo one whilst i paid around £50 for a drill to use with a core drill set.
i tend to buy cheap. use, abuse and throw away when kacked rather than buying more expensive items.

also whilst i do most things around the house, i am a tradesman as well (plumbing, gas, electrical & solar)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back