Not open for further replies.
Big_Spark said:
Here are some...

Tartan Paint,
Elbow Grease dispenser
Security Chain for Skirting Ladders...
Disposable Long Weights..
Robot that does the DIY right first time..... :LOL:

I was waiting for some of these after my "new bubble for a spirit level".

What about a "sky hook"? *sighs*

Sponsored Links
Well how about a anti-gravity levitating platform so get around these silly steps regulations...hehehehe :LOL:

Or an alarm-system that warns you when you're about to cut of that piece of floor board you shoudn't have.

Better yet .. an alarm system which prevents you doing anything, but insists on doing the job itself correctly. Oh, and pays itself sfa for doing so. ;) :D :D

Sponsored Links
Or a pencil and/or small handtool detector for when you're sure you left it in this spot, but it's nowhere to be found! (for hours!)

Soemthing that could sort out my tub of all those odd screws and hooks and bits, and put them all in their own jam jars. And label them. And let you know when you set off to buy some new ones when you've already got some in stock.

How about something that can instantly identify small fittings, bolts, nuts etc. and tell you what they belong to so that you finally know that you can throw out that spare set of fixing brackets that came with the loft ladder that you fitted in your previous house 20 years ago but since forgot what they were for and didn't dare to get rid of them.

jimbobdiy said:
i am a student in my final year at huddersfield university (u.k) studying product design part of my course involves researching diy/home improvement.

i am wanting to improve/redesign/create an aid to the diy trade

is there anybody out there with either problems or ideas relating to diy that could be turned by me into a product that would benefit diy'ers.
also i have prepared a questionaire that if anyone would care to fill in i will e-mail you a copy

i must also stress this is a student project only and will not be made avaiable for commercial use

thanks in advance jimbobdiy
Skirting ladder, Skyhook, something to stop your feet aching while on a ladder for hours :?:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back