Cordless irons??

HSK

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Im a student at Coventry University studying product design and im designing a clothes iron for my major project in my final year. I just have a query regarding the workings of a cordless iron, if anybody could help at all.
For my engineering of the project i generally need to know the workings of the iron. I was wondering if anybody could inform me on how the cordless iron is heated up when placed on the iron stand? Does it require a battery connection between the stand and the iron? If so, how long does the battery last and for what length of time does the iron stay heated for? Does anybody own a cordless iron and what is the general feedback on the workings of it?
Any information regarding the recharging connection of the cordless iron and what internal components are needed for the function to be completed would be very very helpful and a huge aid to my engineering information in my project.

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
a cordless iron could contain a gas canister
or alternativly get heat or power when in the docking station

would suggest a 35% power 65% iron ratio but just a guess

no batteries could supply enough power to heat the element for more than a few mins!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back