A little help please....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Just finished doing my mates bathroom as my first job. All went well except I was struggling like heck with the smallish gap between door frame and corner of wall. The gap was about 5 inches and I was struggling away with my trowel for a lot longer than I'd have liked to get a flat surface.

Are there any tips you can give me or do I simply need to invest in a smaller trowel rather than using the toe end of the trowel?

Just went round to another friends house tonight and they've got a similar sized gap that needs skimming so want to make sure I get it right first time.

Cheers

Matt

Sponsored Links
Try to let it go off a lot longer before you put your trowel on it, also you can get a smaller trowel that is about 2"x 6" and that will help. If you get yourself a selection of "plasterers small tools" and also a selection of margin trowels you shouldn't have any probs with small gaps ,Try to get s/steel ones as now alot more small tools are being made out of stainless...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back