Plastering trowel - Stainless / Carbon Steel / Marshalltown

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Today I needed a smaller 11" trowel.

@ Toolstation they bought out a Marshalltown - which I queried as I ordered the Stainless steel Ragni but they said it was from the correct picking point.

Basically I assumed it was a substitute of equal quality.

Now its got some rust marks and having struggled to identify it - MXS1Dh I think dropping the h comes back online that it is Spring steel (Carbon Steel?)

What's the suggestion - the trowel they've given is double the price of the Ragni but I'm used to my stainless steel trowels

Sponsored Links
I have a 14" MT Gold and 14" Ragni - both stainless and great to use

The 11" was for just one awkward section, the first in several years (I'm a DIYer) so I didn't really need the £40 MT SS trowel

They've put a note on my file so I can do an exchange in store in the next few days.

Meanwhile, I'll have a think and read up on whether to keep or swap it i.e have a carbon blade to compliment my stainless - but keep better care of it. Online opinions seem quite split!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back