Tips for internal corners

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the tips Darren(jakeyseven) & nick(13).

Had been away (just like Richard C - if you've read other posts; but not been at the good home exhibition ;) )

Have just finished the kitchen and am between rooms at the moment! But when I get back to it, will give the tips a go.

(Nick13 - think you need to watch your signature on posts)

10 i would never be without a twitcher and do not know of any pro that do not have one i use 2 types the regular and the 3 sided box twitcher

Spot on Stevie,, as i said in the post, i've used a twitcher since the 60's, and all the plasterers i've ever worked with, used one too. Tyzack in my opinion make the best, but the one i have now is a Refina, bought for me by my daughter as a requested birthday present, a coupe of years ago.

Sponsored Links
Spot on Stevie,, as i said in the post, i've used a twitcher since the 60's, and all the plasterers i've ever worked with, had one too.
yes i know your pic shows how angles should look a lot of new spreads cant get to grips with them it took me a while to get good results what twitcher u using rc? being old school you may be using the box

It is the box type. The Tyzack one i had, although a good tool, was not stainless, so it rusted, and wore away at the front corners. So every now and again, i'd get a hack saw to square off the front of the twitcher. Over time, it became very short. The one i have now, is the same shape, (box) but is stainless steel,, made by Refina Tools.
See it here on the link below.
http://www.refina-uk.com/pdf_tools_09/E_Corner_Trowels_2009.pdf

The one i have is at the bottom: pattern no: 227109

It is the box type. The Tyzack one i had, although a good tool, was not stainless, so it rusted, and wore away at the front corners. So every now and again, i'd get a hack saw to square off the front of the twitcher. Over time, it became very short. The one i have now, is the same shape, (box) but is stainless steel,, made by Refina Tools.
yes i have the box refina also, and the other twitcher i have is a regular marshaltown with the sides and corners grinded off with an angle grinder, also lol when the old spread i was learning with retired he gave me some of his plastering tools and amonst these was his old box twitcher rusty as hell and well worn it was probably the same as yours

Guys it's a year old thread & I'm confused :confused: ; going to bed now :LOL:

I know its old but even i have learnt something ,i have the old box angle trowel and was always wondering why no one did a stainless one and got fed up of forever cleaning it when it got rusty so i now use a marshaltown dry lining angle trowl

I know its old but even i have learnt something ,i have the old box angle trowel and was always wondering why no one did a stainless one and got fed up of forever cleaning it when it got rusty so i now use a marshaltown dry lining angle trowl
so what do you prefer wossa the box or the mt ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back