a little help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
just a quick one guys, i have been to quote up a job , now the person wants a room completely reboarded with a timber frame around the room and insulation put behind the boards which isnt a problem, i havent had to do this before, ive studed and boarded but never used any insulation so my question is what insulation do you use, the room sticks out at the front of the house and has no cavity, he is complaining that the room is freezing, also there is mould all up the walls so damp must have been getting in as well.

thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
kindspan will do the job

have you sorted the damp/mould out?

where do you get kingspan from? local builders merchant ??

yes the mould has been sorted previously its still on the walls but they had the floor removed and redone so no more rising damp, does it need cleaning off the walls before its covered up?

should i tell him to bleach the walls before i come in?

sorry for all the questions, just want to do a good job.

Sponsored Links
where do you get kingspan from? local builders merchant ??

yes the mould has been sorted previously its still on the walls but they had the floor removed and redone so no more rising damp, does it need cleaning off the walls before its covered up?

should i tell him to bleach the walls before i come in?

sorry for all the questions, just want to do a good job.

Yes you should wipe down the mould or it will grow behind the wall, bleach will do the trick.

What's the cheaper option in case they think that the king span is too pricey?
Is polystyrene boards any good

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back