A Lovely Story - Congrats To The Euro Millions Winners

Reaction score
Country
Palau
We've not done the lottery since soon after it became a twice-weekly afair and never done the Euro lottery.
The closest we get to a gamble is the Premium Bonds.

I saw these people on the news today, a lovely couple that have worked hard.
I hope their lives are easier because of this as is the lives of their children etc.

Congrats, watching them cheered me up
:) :)

Rupert

Sponsored Links
I do Lotto every time because we made the mistake (with hindsight) of choosing the same numbers when it first started.

I only do Euros if it goes above £80ish million as I feel £2.50 a line is too much. Euros should be £2 tops and Lotto £1.

My ex wife after a few months of lottery starting we got fed up trying to chose a number whilst paying for our food shop so she stuck to
same numbers from week ??? Then it went twice a week and you had to visit a shop etc and we worked and could not be arsed. We had a little debate what would happen if our numbers cam up and we stopped buying - we both agreed never to look at the lottoery nubers again and we have not and I guess we are hundreds if not thousands of pounds ahead.

I think my ex buys all of our children one of those instant win lottery tickets for our kids on their birthdays and Xmas and no one has won anything

We kept our faith in fair work, fair wages and using our willpower, skill etc where are where we are now. Not rich, but comfortable but we still do all worry re money as does my current OH. On the other hand our children, one of whom has a massive mortgage and a massive slaraly could not careless or more likely does not show it but thankfully working on our principals, ie you have to work to make your luck

Well done to this couple I'm sure they will help family and friends but don't need to.

Sponsored Links
My ex wife after a few months of lottery starting we got fed up trying to chose a number whilst paying for our food shop so she stuck to
same numbers from week ??? Then it went twice a week and you had to visit a shop etc and we worked and could not be arsed. We had a little debate what would happen if our numbers cam up and we stopped buying - we both agreed never to look at the lottoery nubers again and we have not and I guess we are hundreds if not thousands of pounds ahead.

I think my ex buys all of our children one of those instant win lottery tickets for our kids on their birthdays and Xmas and no one has won anything

We kept our faith in fair work, fair wages and using our willpower, skill etc where are where we are now. Not rich, but comfortable but we still do all worry re money as does my current OH. On the other hand our children, one of whom has a massive mortgage and a massive slaraly could not careless or more likely does not show it but thankfully working on our principals, ie you have to work to make your luck

Well done to this couple I'm sure they will help family and friends but don't need to.
There has been the odd occasion when I've forgotten to buy tickets, not so much in recent years as I play online. I just avoided looking at anything where the winning numbers might be displayed.

As long as people didn't think you were treating them as a charity case, the great thing about a win of that size would be the ability to make family/friends financially secure for the rest of their life. I know for sure I'd get as much if not more pleasure doing good with the £££ vs buying stuff such as nice cars, houses etc that ultimately don't bring happiness in themselves.

We too at times forgot and did not look but its easy to get hooked

True re family etc. I would never accept a penny from anyone and even xmas my in-laws ex's parents often bout me branded aftershave etc costsing about 60/70 plu todays equal to 15 i guess and i'd tell them off later after the event

as we inc my children oh dont do the lottery we can see anyone giving us money and none of my sibling do it on a regular basis and i would not accept cash unless they won a 100 mill plus and gave me a mill or more, lol. then I'd thank them

if we wont the premium bonds mill - I'd buy a brand new Bentley, possibly pre-owned-year-old, pocket inc the benetly about 400k and 550 to our three kids split equally and 50k of nice gifts to siblings inc fav nephews and nieces, lol

Money may not bring total happeiens but it sure helps along with feeling more secure.

I don't do it. I do the Omaze win a house thing. More chance of winning and enough to set me up for retirement. And I help for the good.

I don't do it. I do the Omaze win a house thing. More chance of winning and enough to set me up for retirement. And I help for the good.

I had to look that one up, lol, lol.
Reminds me of the airprt stuff when this car and the other - I've always had a little think about it for about 2 seonds and we decided against it.

nowadays the only gambling we do is with the P Bonds as the official rates are low but we do it for the gamble and barely getting 1% i think
but its not taxed - we could get 2% easy year fixed on 100k so we are losing money, minus taxes.

I've had one bet placed on my behalf via a mate that is the only bet we have ever placed and that was re Dallas, 'Who shot Sue Allen' I think it was a quid and I'm not sure who i said it was but did not win thankfully as a win may have got me hooked and thanjfully when i was younger you did not have online gambling but needed to go to the shop or teletext i think then phone

IMO, if you are destined to have money, it often comes via work and being wise.

I feel sorry for them! If that had been me no way would I want my name putting out in the public domain - they will suddenly find they numerous 'friends', begging letters and scroungers after them.

Same here, pics of the house in the DM, anyone know the postcode, got some letters to post

I would have remained anon ?

It was too big for that

Re begging letters, bin the simples

Anyone thinking they will stay in that property nice as it is need their head testing

And the press is now chasing his ex wife who remarried and divorced again and from skimming through
the gutter press i dont believe she contributed to any of it and thre is more, look it up if you wish.

They're unwise to go public, they're open now to constant harassment which will continue forever. All sorts of fake and legitimate sob stories, and the rest. It would be worth a mob kidnapping some relative. If it was 5 or 10 mill to get them back they'd pay it and we'd never hear. There are clever teams of people out there.
Years back I did some work for a close rel of a well known rich guy over a longish period. All the extended families' kids had drivers and minders for good reason, as various of them had had trouble. I was checked out when something somewhere happened. His wife apologised - all a bit spooky.

These winners will have intermediaries for appeals, communications etc but if some attractive bright kid's family asks for £5m for an operation to save their life and the couple say no, the gutter press would probably publish it.
The lottery people do have advisers, to put the cash somewhere discreet.
If they let people know thay'd won say £3m, they could explain cars, house etc.

Being predudiced (or experienced?) about some of the things I noticed in the interview, I thought immediately that it would go badly if left to them.

Sponsored Links
Back