A non-habitable room

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Guys,

I am building a porch/conservatory and as such they are classed as non-habitable rooms. As a general rule, what can /cannot be placed inside a non-habitable room.??
I am referring to items such as cupboards (wall mounted or free standing), electrical appliances.
I am not looking to extend any room into said porch/conservatory. But would like to know what I can place inside it.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Guys,

I am referring to items such as cupboards (wall mounted or free standing), electrical appliances.
Thanks
What category does a goat fall under out of the above, I would be intrigued to know.? :D
Also I'm sure a goat is free standing it wouldn't stay stationery for long :p

this would look nice
MyAUDinSitu.jpg

Sponsored Links
You can put what you like in a non-habitable room.

The definition only applies for the purpose of the building regulations when carrying out relevant construction work, and not for actual use of the property

Actually no.

Environmental law, and animal welfare considerations would prevent it

so you can keep a goat in there then

Actually no.

Environmental law, and animal welfare considerations would prevent it

There obviously needs to be a special "Cornish Clause" to address the great interest in goats in that corner of the world :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back