TIMBER EXTERNAL CLADDING FOR SUN ROOM / CONSERVATORY

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

A year ago I build a bespoked conservatory/sun room. I used an exsisting conservatory doors and windows but spaced them out a bit and horizontally cladded the non-window parts with some rubbish feather board (like what is used for summer houses/garden sheds). This has warped a bit and now from ground level you can see right up the gap on each row. I am due to extend this conservatory in a month or so and thought it would be a good idea to throw some money at it and re-clad the whole conservatory with some proper timber cladding. Does anyone know what the proper stuff is called and where you can get it from? I
have seen it on the front of houses and some offices and it looks perfect without any gaps or weathering.

Cheers Stu

Sponsored Links
You probably mean ship-lap - which comes in timber or plastic.

In timber, you can get it in normal softwood to paint regularly, or it is better in cedar which can be stained or left untreated to mellow. Cedar is the longest lasting.

There are several different profiles, for different effects.

If using plastic, don't forget the edge trims and special nails.

If using cedar, use stainless steel nails.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back