Question about timber cladding on a shed

, it should not touch the ply or the cladding,.

Of course it touches the ply ... that's how timber framed buildings are wrapped.

Refer to TRADA, BRE, BBA certs for membranes, and I don't know how many other standards and guides

Sponsored Links
Again thanks Woody for your help, do i still use the breathable membrane? if so where

The sheathing ply goes on the frame, then staple or nail the membrane, then fix the laths, then clad.

Do you know about the drip details at the bottom and above the openings, they are quite important.

Are the windows that low for a reason - it looks like the heads wont line up with the door frame head?

It should look good though, can you post an image when its all done

I took the photo last year; i have now changed the windows and put a door frame in, been and picked up some 9mm best ply and some 25x50 tanalised lath today so will get on with fixing that on. The cladding will not be delivered until later on next week and i have got to treat it first anyway.

Could you elaborate on the “drip details” please

I would leave a small gap woody to help with ventilation, but its only a shed.

Sponsored Links
Why didn't you build the wall right up the full height?
A lot more durable!

I live quite rural so wanted to keep it “in keeping” with the other out buildings, also i quite like the part brick part timber look :D
Quite right, timber is beautiful to look at than a prison wall!

Even nicer with log half round cladding ;)
cladding_300x250.jpg

This will give you some idea of log timber

masona6.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back