A not so secret meeting...

Sponsored Links
why not just make yourself clear ? So people actually know what you are trying to say
You assume everyone is of your intellect. There are people on here who can grasp where I'm coming from on here without me going into chapter and verse everytime I post thankfully.

You deliberately post vague and inaccurate nonsense.

Sponsored Links
You assume everyone is of your intellect. There are people on here who can grasp where I'm coming from on here without me going into chapter and verse everytime I post thankfully.

Weak (read, bowlogs).

When you post, the onus is on you to be clear and unambiguous.
It is not on the reader to guess what you might be rambling on about.

Keir Starmer has committed to pursuing a major rewrite of the Brexit deal with the EU if Labour is elected, citing his responsibility to his children and future generations. As the Labour leader begins to unveil his blueprint for power if the party wins the next general election, he told the Financial Times he would seek a closer trading relationship with Brussels when the agreement negotiated by then-prime minister Boris Johnson comes up for review in 2025.

“Almost everyone recognises the deal Johnson struck is not a good deal – it’s far too thin,” Starmer said. “As we go into 2025 we will attempt to get a much better deal for the UK.”*

Starmer made the comments in Canada at a conference of centre-left leaders, the Global Progress Action Summit, in Montreal, where he had a bilateral meeting with the country’s prime minister, Justin Trudeau. The trip is part of a wider tour of the international stage: Starmer visited The Hague last week and will arrive in Paris to see the French president, Emmanuel Macron, on Tuesday.

Breaking Brexit Back @ the Gruniada

*apart from the Man from MOT.:D

"An extraordinary cross-party summit bringing together leading leavers and remainers – including Michael Gove and senior members of Keir Starmer’s shadow cabinet – has been held in high secrecy to address the failings of Brexit"

"A confidential introductory statement for those at the meeting acknowledged that there was now a view among “some at least, that so far the UK has not yet found its way forward outside the EU” with Brexit “acting as a drag on our growth and inhibiting the UK’s potential”

“The main thrust of it was that Britain is losing out, that Brexit it not delivering, our economy is in a weak position”

Linky Linky

They might claim that rejoining is not on the agenda atm , but given the total c*ck up that is brexit (and it will always be so) it's only a matter of time given the natural process of 'voter renewal' :)
Now that is a Brexit benefit, Tory and Labour discussing issues!

I’d sort it out no problem.
We sell our stuff to the EU
The EU sells their stuff to the UK
Both sides keep their own workers in their own country.
If a UK citizen wants to work, study or live in the EU they must apply for a visa and the EU can decide.
If an EU citizen wants to work, study or live in the U.K. they must apply for a visa and the U.K. can decide.
Neither citizens can dip into the benefits, education, housing or health fund from the other side unless they are in possession of a visa.
Nothing else needed.
Sorted.

I’d sort it out no problem.
We sell our stuff to the EU
The EU sells their stuff to the UK
Both sides keep their own workers in their own country.
If a UK citizen wants to work, study or live in the EU they must apply for a visa and the EU can decide.
If an EU citizen wants to work, study or live in the U.K. they must apply for a visa and the U.K. can decide.
Neither citizens can dip into the benefits, education, housing or health fund from the other side unless they are in possession of a visa.
Nothing else needed.
Sorted.
It's completely impractical for employers who want certainty and speed when the need to recruit arises. What is the problem with the principle of immigration contributing to this country.

Blup

Sponsored Links
Back