A planning application based on unfinished build

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have started building an approved ground floor extension, foundations are already laid and about to start on the rest of the construction.

I want to add dormers at the top, and will make an application.

Do I present "existing" as the current house without the ground floor extension, or as the house with the extension even though it has not completed building yet?

Many thanks for input.

Sponsored Links
I was thinking, and hence my question, once you start building, the "existing" becomes "original" or "previous" and what's there currently is something in between and changing every day?

Depends what best suits your needs. I have done them in the past and fully drawn up an extension as if it was existing but discretely marked up drawing "work in progress" and once where work hadn't even started and marked it up as "Phase 1" and "Phase 2", both worked for me.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back