Several Planning applications

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I am not at all sure as to what exactly is going on next door. My neighbour has lodged a number of planning applications and has had them approved but isn't satisfied with the build which wasn't bad. Inially he opted for a double story extension at back with a loft conversion and dormer window. He also paid for a joint application hoping he will have an extended dormer window. A delegation decision was given that both properties must build concurrently. This didn't happen and I questioned the planning office about this. They said they cannot do anything.

At start of march 2010 I recieved a letter from a company based in London dealing with party wall disputes informing that another planning application has been lodged but no word from local planning office. I spoke to some one within the company and they have confirmed that an application has been submitted to local planning office and the reason I am not informed is building control may not want me to know.

Work has started this week again to extend the dormer window but with a huge steel RSJ arriving yesterday makes me suspect something fishy is going on. It could be a major structual alteration is planned without my knowledge. I am concerned about all this can have a detrimental affect on my property. How can I find out what is going on. Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Thanks in advance.

Clandestine....

clouseau.jpg

phone building control rather than the company involved?

Planning applications will be online for anyone to view on your local authoritys' website. As mentioned, speak to Building Control, if Building Control are awkward, you can view any applications made for Building Regulations at your council under the Freedom of Information Act. Are you in a semi-detached house along with your neighbours or are they detached?

Sponsored Links
Planning applications will be online for anyone to view on your local authoritys' website. As mentioned, speak to Building Control, if Building Control are awkward, you can view any applications made for Building Regulations at your council under the Freedom of Information Act. Are you in a semi-detached house along with your neighbours or are they detached?

Hi freddmercurystwin

The reason I suspect something is going on is that where is second RSJ going to go when a RSJ was installed last year when the loft was converted. Its a semi detach house. His property is not joined to mine. We have a wall and drives. This neighbour is only socialable when he needs a favour also he has not sort advice prior to starting the project as what can be and cannot be acheived within a average semi detach.

Why would he have five planning applications for the same project.

Work started last monday when four men ripped tiles and dormer window out. Wednesday first building materials arrived then RSJ arrived then heads started to roll. Now the job has stopped.

I don't quite understand where you're coming from or exactly what the problem is? Are you simply concerned he may be building something not in accordance with his approved applications? He can have as many applications as he likes. With all due respect, what has that got to do with you?

Have you tried downloading the plans from your local authority website?

Gary

Have you tried downloading the plans from your local authority website?

Gary

I spent quite some time on net looking for his plans. I got nowhere. Looks I have to pay a visit to local planning office.

I don't quite understand where you're coming from or exactly what the problem is? Are you simply concerned he may be building something not in accordance with his approved applications? He can have as many applications as he likes. With all due respect, what has that got to do with you?

Hi

You asked me a valid question which would no doubt be asked by my neighbour. I am concerned about him building something that will have deterimental affect on my property. It has bothered him since I built my extension and I did 90% of the work myself to a very high standard.

This may help in getting to the bottom of problem in that I managed to speak to one of the builder this morning. He told me a new beam is needed for a extended dormer window but the RSJ ordered is far too big and heavy therefore the project has been stopped.

If something he is building that he has permission for has a detrimental effect on your property I don't think there's much you can about it now, anyhoo your council (I do not know exactly which one you have) will have a page such as this where you can search for applications https://onlineplanningregister.northyorks.gov.uk/Online Register/PlanAppSrch.asp[/QUOTE]

Hi "freddymercurystwin"

I am visiting local planning office on monday. I shall try to find out what is going on. I will post here the outcome.

If something he is building that he has permission for has a detrimental effect on your property I don't think there's much you can about it now, anyhoo your council (I do not know exactly which one you have) will have a page such as this where you can search for applications https://onlineplanningregister.northyorks.gov.uk/Online Register/PlanAppSrch.asp[/QUOTE]

Hi "freddymercurystwin"

I am visiting local planning office on monday. I shall try to find out what is going on. I will post here the outcome.

Hi "freddymercurystwin"

Having visited the local planning office yesterday. There is no new planning application lodged by my neighbour. He is rebuilding his dormer under the permitted building program therefore the planning office has no knowledge of it. However he has to ahere to a set cubic meter square volume. If he exceeds that volume then enforcement officer can be involved I am told.

I hope he is sensible and sticks to volume allowed. He is known to fiddle so anything could happen.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back