A Proud Uncle...

D

DIYDANDY

Surgery School is a brand new series for ITV1 with unique access to 10 high flying trainee surgeons as they take the first steps in their attempt to break into the ranks of the surgical elite. The series follows their personal stories and real life medical dramas over their first year in training as they try to beat the odds and prove they have what it takes to be a top surgeon.

Every year two thousand young doctors apply to the London School of Surgery for training to become consultants. Our trainees are among the hundred or so chosen. Of these select few, only a quarter will stay the full course and make it to consultant level. Those who do will be in the top three per cent of students and have the chance to become a world class consultant surgeon.

This was filmed two years ago. He is the lad on the right.

Sponsored Links
being a surgical student she has to be at least 20 I'd have thought?, surely they can't start cutting as soon as they leave secondary school?

A-levels then a couple of years of med school to learn anatomy etc before they're let anywhere near an O.R.?

it's a bit of a shoddy photographer though.. fancy setting up where there's a mirror / window to reflect the camera crew.. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
I'm more taken by the female in the front centre. :p

I'd like a 'consultation' with her in private please! :LOL:

Good Luck to your nephew Dandy, hope he's got what it takes to make it.
You are obviously very proud of him for achieving what he already has done.
Well done.

From what I've seen of the programme, I'd prefer to be operated on abroard, all I've seen is shaky hands, and incompetence. And injury and pain to patience's operated on? And I only saw one episode.

"Yeah, you removed my appendix, but I'm in utter pain", reply? Oh so that went really well. Err NO - the person is in pain. Moreso, than before the appendix was removed.

I went into hospital with appendix failure, but after 2 weeks in hospital, I was released, appendix intact..so why was I in there? Why was the saline drip one day on slow release, then the next, released within the hour?

I spent 4 weeks recovering my two weeks in hospital, as I was treated so poorly. Lack of nurse response, Undue care and attention, people caring after their own lives over others. I'm strapped up to a saline drip stabbed in my arm, how do I use the loo? I push a buzzer, nobody comes, when a drip becomes forcefed? of saline? I could feel it coursing my veins.

OP - you really need to take at look at yourself, and your profession, and get a grip.

Nah the lady @ the back is nicer ;) But @ the end of the day ...your nephew is still only Mr. :idea: ;)

I went into hospital with appendix failure, but after 2 weeks in hospital, I was released, appendix intact.

Take them to court mate, they obviously removed your brain instead of the appendix. Which would explain quite a lot. :rolleyes:

I went into hospital with appendix failure, but after 2 weeks in hospital, I was released, appendix intact.

Take them to court mate, they obviously removed your brain instead of the appendix. Which would explain quite a lot. :rolleyes:

Why spam? when you beef? Is there any reason for this response? No. So why do it? Ego? bravado? none of that! So why be rude? Explain your response...Why be an idiot?

. I would suggest a frontal lobotomy would have been more efficacious, and an easy op through the orbit :idea: But Uncle doesn`t seem to know much about surgery - perhaps his brain is swollen with vicarious pride for The Boy`s achievements.:cool:

Why spam? when you beef? Is there any reason for this response? No. So why do it? Ego? bravado? none of that! So why be rude? Explain your response...Why be an idiot?
Here we go again with your attitude Micky! I'll just remind you of your initial post in this thread:

From what I've seen of the programme, I'd prefer to be operated on abroard, all I've seen is shaky hands, and incompetence. And injury and pain to patience's operated on? And I only saw one episode.

"Yeah, you removed my appendix, but I'm in utter pain", reply? Oh so that went really well. Err NO - the person is in pain. Moreso, than before the appendix was removed.

I went into hospital with appendix failure, but after 2 weeks in hospital, I was released, appendix intact..so why was I in there? Why was the saline drip one day on slow release, then the next, released within the hour?

I spent 4 weeks recovering my two weeks in hospital, as I was treated so poorly. Lack of nurse response, Undue care and attention, people caring after their own lives over others. I'm strapped up to a saline drip stabbed in my arm, how do I use the loo? I push a buzzer, nobody comes, when a drip becomes forcefed? of saline? I could feel it coursing my veins.

OP - you really need to take at look at yourself, and your profession, and get a grip.
So you had a bad experience in hospital and decide to have a go at this lad for posting something about his nephew.

What is wrong with you? Andy was simply posting a link to this as he's proud of his nephew and rightly so. Yet you decide to tell us all about your bad experience in hospital and tell Andy to 'get a grip'! You've got to stop having a go at posters. You're going to end up being ostracised by everyone if you carry on this way.

Yes you're struggling at the minute due to your lack of work, money etc., but so are a lot of us Micky. I've recently had to close my business due to my deteriorating health. My wife (now the only bread winner in the home), has been told her job is at risk. But we've GOT TO get on with it and try and make the best of things for our child and ourselves.

Try and be positive man.

Sponsored Links
Back