A question.

B

Big_Spark

I have read a lot of the posts and replies in this section, and I see a number of posters do work for third parties.

I am curious about who are what.

Handymen,
Electricians (Actually qualified)

or whatever?

No specific reason, just wondering.

Sponsored Links
Well that's a good question. I myself am a qualified electrician, but cannot speak for anybody else. I would say that a lot of the posts here are by non-qualified personal (perhaps I'm wrong) with several exceptions. To be honest, if it wasn't for the job I'm in at the moment I would probably never have even known this site existed. It is an interesting way to pass the time for me, and when 70% of your night is spent watching computer monitors, it provides a distraction (positive, I believe anyway!)
Having worked in the domestic wiring industry myself almost 35 years ago now, it is interesting to watch the changes etc. that have taken place since then.

I should point out that to date I have not come across any incorrect information given here and it is one of the best forums I have come across.

Sponsored Links
I can ID myself very easily. I am the Director of a Contractor on the Northern Suberb of London, just inside the M25.

I am a qualified electrician, having parts 1&2, part C and an HNC in Electrical Engineering.

We operate throughout London and the home-counties doing Domestic, Commercial and Industrial work, PAT testing, consultation and project management.

Total amateur, but spent my life in engineering so hope I have half a brain !! First re-wired a house 15yrs ago after reading (and qizzing work mates) up on it. Feel confident to do the jobs (for myself) and am happy that it complies. But nic will probably say otherwise as I haven't give them any money

I've got a Bronze swimming certificate.....does that count.....

seriously,

Technical Manager (thrown in at the deep end, fancy title)
Parts 1 & 2 / 2391 / will be doing 2400 pretty soon (yippee)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back