A shuttering issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. One has the option, when laying down concrete into the ground, of using shuttering or not.

I have two projects to complete and I think I will use shuttering on both. But, can someone please address an issue that concerns me.

Shuttering will be on one side only, as one project invloves a concrete band placed along a wall and the other a concrete band placed along a set of flags mounted vertically.

My issue is this: When I remove the shuttering that will leave a gap of 1" between the soil and one edge of the concrete. Now, I am presuming that the concrete that I lay will not have a tendency to keel over as I remove the shuttring. But, never-the-less I have this nigling worry that once I move the shuttering the concrete is maybe going to move away from the wall or the flag border.

Can someone please put my fears to rest? It could be a case here of ye of little faith. :) Thank you.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
wait for the concrete to harden before you remove the shuttering, and it won't slump.

the shuttering will also prevent soil falling into the concrete and spoiling the edge.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back