A simple washing machine disconnection...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My washing machine was plumped in upstairs in a tight space where the airing cupboard used to be. Anyhow it was broke and I offered it on Freecycle. With lots of heaving they eventually got it out - but a pipe was leaking. I put a bucket under it and contacted a plumber. The next day there wasn't as much water in the bucket as expected. 'Oh it's stopped' I thought. Later that day I was at the sink in the kitchen below when a drop of water fell on my nose. Yes the ceiling was raining! I rushed upstairs and found that the bucket was slightly missing the drip :rolleyes:
There was a pool of water on the floorboards. I pulled one up and yes there was water in the space below. I was frantically mopping it up with a towel when I inadvertently poked a hole through the kitchen ceiling. I got downstairs just as more ceiling came down to greet me. So now I needed a plumber AND a plasterer....... :oops:

Sponsored Links
Plumber/Plaster in Bradford West Yorkshire.
I know one from the Bingley area, if you care to PM/message me, I can put you in touch.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back