A simple way to calculate cable runs + breaker rating?

Amtech single cable is great!

I use it all the time.

I have the demo version from a couple years back. The only thing it doesn't do is print or let you save any calcs. Still gives you the answer on screen though!

Amtech realised the error of the fully fledged demo, and now only dish out screen shot demos etc!

Obviously I can't get updates on cable types etc as they change (but nothing has changed so far!).

I would seriously think of buying it if my demo ever got out of date.

Sponsored Links
Sounds a very useful bit of software, and no doubt can be used to print completion/minor works certificates etc. Would you be willing to share/sell a copy of your demo version, or maybe indicate a website where it could be downloaded so that I, or others, may try it out before obviously buying a licensed copy ?

Sponsored Links
Lectrician said:
Amtech realised the error of the fully fledged demo, and now only dish out screen shot demos etc!

deltanetworks said:
Sounds a very useful bit of software, and no doubt can be used to print completion/minor works certificates etc. Would you be willing to share/sell a copy of your demo version, or maybe indicate a website where it could be downloaded so that I, or others, may try it out before obviously buying a licensed copy?
Check your pants - they will, no doubt, be on fire.

You want to buy a free demo "before obviously buying a licensed copy"? Pull the other one. If you want to try out the software then go and download the demo from the web site.

For some individuals it takes merely a sniff of something for nothing for all morals to be thrown under the nearest juggernaut.

And how odd that this is your very first post. Or were you just too cowardly to use your usual one? :rolleyes:

The demo I have is cable cals only - I have a licenced copy of FastTest for completing certs etc - When I bought that, they send me the demo of 'Single Cable' Calcing software to encourage me to upgrade my package to include it - The demo is all I needed though! I am sure many others have the demo, and use it, hence why they no longer send this out to anyone.

I recieved it on CD, it can't be downloaded.

I suspect I could make a fortune on Ebay, but would run the huge risk of prosecution!!!!!

Lectrician, just to be clear, none of my comments was aimed at you.

Softus said:
Lectrician said:

deltanetworks said:
Sounds a very useful bit of software, and no doubt can be used to print completion/minor works certificates etc. Would you be willing to share/sell a copy of your demo version, or maybe indicate a website where it could be downloaded so that I, or others, may try it out before obviously buying a licensed copy?
Check your pants - they will, no doubt, be on fire.

You want to buy a free demo "before obviously buying a licensed copy"? Pull the other one. If you want to try out the software then go and download the demo from the web site.

For some individuals it takes merely a sniff of something for nothing for all morals to be thrown under the nearest juggernaut.

And how odd that this is your very first post. Or were you just too cowardly to use your usual one? :rolleyes:

Yes, It was tongue in cheek, I wanted a free version, thought that was pretty obvious. Sadly my morals don't extend to copyright, and I like somethings for nothings.
Can you honestly say you have never recorded or copied a TV or Radio broadcast, CD, DVD, or Software Programme?

deltanetworks said:
Yes, It was tongue in cheek, I wanted a free version, thought that was pretty obvious.
I see. Well if you tell me your usual user name then I'll tell you whether or not, based on your previous posts, your words could reasonably have been interpreted as tongue in cheek.

Sadly my morals don't extend to copyright, and I like somethings for nothings.
I don't share your view that it's sad. Brazenly criminal would be a more accurate description.

Can you honestly say you have never recorded or copied a TV or Radio broadcast, CD, DVD, or Software Programme?
Let's suppose for a moment that it's important, when considering your behaviour, then you compare it to mine. I presume that you're hoping that I'll admit to being as criminal as you are, and that you'll believe that it then justifies you being a criminal. Does it work the other way for you? Will you follow my lead towards a righteous and more honest path?

I doubt it, but, for the record...

I've recorded TV programmes on video tape, and on Sky+ boxes, for my own private viewing, because that's the purpose of those boxes, and I'm entitled to do so.

I recorded one CD, once, that I was sending to a relative abroad, because it had taken me weeks to get hold of by special order from HMV, and I didn't want the only copy to get lost or damaged in transit. I've since destroyed it.

I've never copied a DVD.

I've never copied a software program, other than for clients when the license clearly exists but the original media is lost or damaged.

Last month, when Tesco made a mistake at the till, and I asked for a refund at the service desk, the women who was initially rude (because she didn't believe me) then insisted on giving me wholly unnecessary extra cash to compensate for the error. I left the money on the counter.

Oh, and I declare all my earnings, including all cash and tips.

So, what has any of that got to do with your attempt to get, on the cheap, a free demo that the manufacturer no longer offers? If you're going to use it then just buy the sodding product. If you're in any way competent in business then you'll add a small charge to each job on which you use it, so that you can recoup the cost decently and honestly.

Softus said:
I recorded one CD, once, that I was sending to a relative abroad, because it had taken me weeks to get hold of by special order from HMV, and I didn't want the only copy to get lost or damaged in transit. I've since destroyed it..

I murdered one person, just one person, just once, as it had taken him weeks to realise that I am not a self righteous tw*t, and since then, I've never done it again, and promise I never will, so that doesn't make me a brazen criminal.

Anyway, its nowhere near as bad a crime as trying to get hold of an obsolete free demo version of amtec software, because once I was given the change back from a tenner and I'd only tendered a fiver, imagine the stiffy I had handing that back.

Come to think of it, last time I had a stiffy like that was during one of my pathetic flirty posts in the general discussion area when I wasn't belittling lesser mortals capable of real sexual relationships on this site.

deltanetworks said:
Come to think of it, last time I had a stiffy like that was during one of my pathetic flirty posts in the general discussion area when I wasn't belittling lesser mortals capable of real sexual relationships on this site.
Oh, and you were soooo close - until that comment I was admiring your genuinely and acerbically witty post, but you seem to have swallowed the bait, like so many others. So close...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back