A strange soundcard problem?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just bought a new HIFI and thought I'd link the computer to it (they're 20 feet apart). After loads of cable fiddling I get it going only for the music to sound like the speakers (warfdale) have been placed twenty feet down a steel pipeline (all tinny with loads of echo). I tried it again with a shop bought 1 metre cable which produced the same sound. Now when I put the headphones in the computer's headphone socket I get the same metallic echoeing. My computer is a Packard Bell and the soundcard is the original (computer is 3.5 years old). Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Try looking in your "control panel". Check your "audio manager" to see if it has a choice of sound effects.

Thanks Stivino, I set the sound to the default setting, but sadly the music still sounds like it's at the end of the metal pipeline, any other ideas?

Sponsored Links
Wheeey, I've done it, I went into 'Realtec' device manager (whatever that is) and found sound effects, it was set for 'auditorium' so I removed all the sound effects, spookily there was even a 'sewer pipe' setting. Many thanks Stivino

Back