A380 Flight deck

Why the ruddy great clutch pedal what about the brakes and accelerator :eek: Also I noticed that it's got his and hers joysticks, no doubt linked to a PS3 somewhere. From that angle doesn't look like you can see out of the windscreen (or whatever it's called in the airline industry) Nice bit of kit has it got electric windows?

Sponsored Links
Why did they call it an airbus? Does it mean you have to wait ages and then three come along at once?

I like the little 600g barbie and ken fire extinguisher. Thats gonna be a lot of ruddy help when your jumbo jets on fire.

What's that big red button do?
If you are referring to the large instrument in the middle of the front windows, near to the roof, it looks like an accelerometer. The needle, currently pointing to 3 o'clock, is currently reading 1G. There is a smaller needle laid over/under it which will always read the most G experienced by the the instrument since it was last reset to 1G. Its most useful purpose on airliner is to indicate the degree of turbulence in flight. When the fluctuations of the big needle reach a published (in the pilots' manual) value, the aircraft speed must be reduced to "Velocity Rough Air". If the pilot lands the aircraft heavily, the instrument will provide the evidence (to the maintainers) of how bad it was from the small needle. On military aircraft the accelerometer is also useful to the pilot during tight turns, which are not normally flown by airliners.

Hope this (boring) info answers your question....

Sponsored Links
I like the little 600g barbie and ken fire extinguisher. Thats gonna be a lot of ruddy help when your jumbo jets on fire.
That little baby can put out a fire engulfing a typical domestic 2- seater sofa, or a row of 3 passenger seats. I've watched it in use on the British Airways cabin staff training video; its very impressive. That one is for the flight deck only and will sort out any fire in its early stages in that area. There are lots more down the back for the cabin staff.

What's that big red button do?
If you are referring to the large instrument in the middle of the front windows, near to the roof,.................................................................
Hope this (boring) info answers your question....
So it's ok to press it then :D

That little baby can put out a fire engulfing a typical domestic 2- seater sofa, or a row of 3 passenger seats. I've watched it in use on the British Airways cabin staff training video; its very impressive. That one is for the flight deck only and will sort out any fire in its early stages in that area. There are lots more down the back for the cabin staff.

I thought airline seat's were un-inflammable?

You would have thought that the rear view mirrors would be electrical adjustment for what you pay for one of these.
Don't like the massive handles for manually adjusting the mirrors.

Sponsored Links
Back