AAAV vent pipe size

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I need to put an AAAV on the waste pipe for my first floor shower, when installed, as the pipe run is too long to be unvented. I understand the AAAV should be accessible, therefore, I will run the AAAV's vent pipe up inside a new partition wall, when it it built, into the loft.

What's the minimum size of pipe I can use for this vent??? The AAAV will serve just the shower and the waste pipe will be 40mm for the first 3.6 metres then 50mm for the remaining 1.5 metres. The waste pipe size changes to 50mm due to the connection of another 40mm shower waste at that point.

Regards,

duffsparky.

Sponsored Links
if i remember correctly 3" is permissable but you may find it harder to buy and more expensive than 110mm

Hi All,

I need to put an AAAV on the waste pipe for my first floor shower, when installed, as the pipe run is too long to be unvented. I understand the AAAV should be accessible, therefore, I will run the AAAV's vent pipe up inside a new partition wall, when it it built, into the loft.

What's the minimum size of pipe I can use for this vent??? The AAAV will serve just the shower and the waste pipe will be 40mm for the first 3.6 metres then 50mm for the remaining 1.5 metres. The waste pipe size changes to 50mm due to the connection of another 40mm shower waste at that point.

Regards,

duffsparky.

use a hep vo self sealing trap, it eliminates the need for aav's. put it on the 40mm run. should do the trick

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back