Absolute classic plumbing disaster!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Was a little while back, but made me crease up nevertheless.

A friend bought a new washing machine. Needed plumbing in, which meant fitting a hot and cold feed. Not too difficult but in order to make things easier for access he decided to move the gas cooker out of the way.

So to be extra safe he switched off the gas and disconnected the gas cooker pipe (which was the standard bayonet fitting) - ok, no problem with that.

proceeded with all the plumbing like normal. I walks through the door just as he was switching everything back on, and asked how it was going.

He went outside to switch the gas back on after putting the cooker back in place, even though the bayonet fitting is self-sealing so didnt really need to switch the gas off, but just as well he did...

when he started the washing machine, there was an awful smell of gas and yep you guessed it.... he plumbed it into the gas pipe!!!!

only after running out and switching the gas off again i started rolling round the floor with laughter, i was creasing right up lol!

gas board came round and condemned most of the gas fittings in his house it was so old. cost him an absolute fortune to get it put right!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back