Cannon Oakley Gas Cooker - Removal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, after some saftey advice.

I have the above gas cooker installed by a corgi guy 2 years back.

Im moving at the end of the week and want to give this cooker to my mum as its brand new nearly. it has a rubber hose connecting from the cooker to the wall with the wall connection moving as opposed to the gas coooker connection which is tight.

Is this description a bayonet fitting? Can i switch off the gas from outside (my landlord will cap off my cooker points after i leave but not b4) and remove the cooker from the wall pipe? i admit im trying to save costs but think if the gas supply is off (the meter being outside in a locked cupboard) then its safe.

Will be getting it fitted by a Corgi guy though.

thanks.....

Sponsored Links
If it was fitted 2 years ago by a Corgi registered fitter, it is almost certain it is fitted with a rubber tube into a bayonet connection . These can sometimes be rather stiff, so just try holding the wall connection firmly, push the tube upwards and twist, and it should come out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back