Cannon Gas Cooker

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. Not been here in ages! Anywho., I just bought a Cannon Harrogate gas cooker, which i know how to install as far as the gas goes, done it many times before. Thing is, every gas cooker i've ever had, connected, has had an electric plug already on them for ignition, clock, etc..
WELL THIS ONE HASNT. It has a lil black box on the back as would an electric cooker. So my question is, does it need that special thick wire what goes in the wall behind the cooker like i said as an electric one would, or does it just need a standard cable with plug and 13amp fuse?
Please Help.. Been on the old takeaways for two days now! :(

Sponsored Links
i thought any new appliance that needed a power supply had one fitted so perhaps you have a battery ignition (you can just hear people who know better telling me to shut up :LOL: ) but as always check the MI's, if you have to wire in your own supply i imagine it will need to be heat resistant cable/flex (i can never remember what it should be called)

Thanks for your help guys... i'm in trouble i think.. its weird, coz theres a socket on the wall with a switch what says cooker on/off with a plug socket on it, but no lil electric box behind the cooker. Yep.. looks like i'm gonna have to shell out more money! Damn it!! lol. Thanks again you guys.

Sponsored Links
the power supply at the socket is sufficient for a gas cooker with electric oven, you only need a 30a supply for an electric cooker

Had a mate come round and he found the original wire from the elec connection behind mi new cupboards.. doh!! lol. Thanks again tho you lot. Nice one. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back