Fitting Freestanding Gas Cooker

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi the mrs just got a new gas cooker today i (stupidly) disconnected the old cooker now on attempting to connect the new cooker there is a SMALL gas leak from the flexible pipe connector (checked with washing up liquid just a few small bubbles) i disconnected the pipe totally from the bayonet/cooker fittings.

I presume you need some kind of thread seal to apply to the fitting? And am i right in saying that i can carry out this work myself AS LONG AS IT IS CERTIFIED/CHECKED by a Corgi registered fitter? The mrs has been quoted a silly(by my standard) £100 just to connect this cooker!! (the cooker was only slightly more to BUY!!

I heard that you can call out the "gas man" after you do the work and he will run a gas safety test and issue a certificate. Or is that just a myth?

Thanx.

Sponsored Links
get a new pipe only 15 oo from b and q .

Sorry didn't mean the rubber pipe just a small leak on the union. All done now though went to B&Q for BOSS White and gas test fluid fitted, tested no leaks (phew).

Thanx.

Sorry didn't mean the rubber pipe just a small leak on the union. All done now though went to B&Q for BOSS White and gas test fluid fitted, tested no leaks (phew).

Thanx.
I assume you did a full tightness test and working pressure test, adhered to the manufacturers instructions regarding connection point positioning, stability device etc etc etc, and last of all, informed your house insurance your cooker had been installed by a non-competent installer.

Sponsored Links

Thanx.
I assume you did a full tightness test and working pressure test, adhered to the manufacturers instructions regarding connection point positioning, stability device etc etc etc, and last of all, informed your house insurance your cooker had been installed by a non-competent installer.

oooohhh get you !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back