Accenta 6 alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys

sadly my dad has recently passed leaving me to deal with his home etc, he has an Accenta 6 alarm panel installed, to which he never told me code.

I have recently had to turn off the electric - and at the time did not even think what implications this would have on the alarm.

I now need the electric back on but when i turn it on i get the alarm sounding. I have found that if i turn off one of his lighting circuits the alarm loses its power.

My question is, is there any way in which i can get the system back so i can use it to secure my dad's house without the code?

secondly, should the alarm go off when the elctric to the house is turned off? i would imagine that the internal battery of the alarm is flat, but can someone just confirm this as i have never had any dealings with alarm systems.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
The alarm requires defaulting , this will give you a user code with which to control the alarm.It may be wise to replace the back up battery at the same time.

Sponsored Links
thanks for your replies.

atilla - have tried 1234 but not 0123 - so i can give that a go.

denford1 - i dont suppose you would know how to do this would you?, i dont have much experience with alarms as i have never had one myself - so its small steps for me lol.

i will try whatever you guys suggest but my dad lives over the other side of town so the weekend will be the earliest.

But thanks for all your comments.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back