Accenta alarm no power to keypad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else willing to help then? I just want to know how I can open the main control box to have a look inside without setting off the alarm, & if I do, how I can turn it off?

Sponsored Links
but as I said before, I tried getting into the control box & it set off the Outside alarm?! This is my concern

Sponsored Links
Is your standby battery fully charged Lee, I need a quick reply if possible.

Chain Daisy.

That's fair comment Lee, I've just read your first post again. Walk in front of your passive infra red detectors mounted in each room and tell me if a light comes on on the unit when you walk in front of it.

Hello Lee,

Colleague of mine has just got back to me. He doesn't have the engineer manual for your panel but reckons the accenta 8 is as near as possible, so I'll work from that and you can fill me in on the subtle differences. For example you probably have a six zone panel.

Looking again at your first post, I think you might just as well buy yourself a new standby battery first as last. If you want, just go for a cheapy 2.1 ah for now until we get to the bottom of things.

Take Care

Chain Daisy

A light comes on all of the sensors when I walk in front of them. Does this mean the battery is ok?

I can get this but what sort of battery is it, & where does it go, in the control box?

If you want, just go for a cheapy 2.1 ah for now until we get to the bottom of things.

Chain What is the battery capacity normally fitted ?

Is it larger than 2.1 AH ?

If it is larger then are you quite sure that a 2.1 AH battery will not be de-graded by a charging current for a larger battery. ?

Hello Lee,

Try a local electrical outlet or wholesaler (sometimes found on out of town industrial estates). The battery is a NP1.2-12 Yuasa (or similar) 1.2Ah 12v sealed lead acid battery, or you could go for a higher rated one at say 2.1 ah whichever you can afford. Do a quick 'google' or 'search' for either 'yuasa batteries' or 'alarm batteries' to get an idea of what they look like before you go shopping, it's quicker than describing it here.

If the led's (lights) are coming on at the detectors it means that the control panel is supplying them with power, so that particular fuse hasn't gone. But it doesn't say anything about your existing battery which is more than likely doomed, and the quicker it's out of there the better since it can damage the control panel. Batteries start at around 12 to 15 quid.

Our intention is to silence the sounder, check the keypad fuse, downpower the system and hopefully bring it back to life. (it's probably a 1amp glass fuse, but it's worth getting a 500ma as well. These fuses are much smaller than the normal domestic 13amp fuse. It's worth having a few of these handy, they're only a few pence each - google 'control panel fuses' or something similar just for a glance) so it's 1 amp and 500 milliamp glass fuses. Two lengths of cable, about the thickness of alarm cable, to reach floor level from the control panel. If not alarm cable, 2 core flexible table lamp cable will do.

We'll sort that bit out first and go from there, hopefully without interruptions, since we need to take it one step at a time, since we are still in the dark as to what we may find. Fingers crossed then !!

Thanks for your patience Lee.

Take care mate

Chain Daisy.

It's like an episode of Danger UXB. :mrgreen:

Hello Bernard,

In spite of everything that's been said between us, I really admire your contributions. I may even have said this before. You may possibly be correct in your assertion and I go along with it. But what we are aiming for here is to have the system up and running, so the battery is virtually a temp at the moment. If it came to the push I'd send Lee the cash for a larger one. Try and bear with us on this, it is fairly important that Lee stays on track with posts, rather than be interrupted with something like the previous batch, although I should say thank you for your interruption on this occasion because it is relevant.

Take care

Chain Daisy

Lee. Let me tell you what to do.

Pull the fuse carrier out of the spur.

Open the panel.

Disconnect battery.

Count to ten.

Reconnect battery.

Enter code number

If it doesn't come back on then push in fuse tray.

If it still doesn't work you need a new panel.

If external alarm sounds disonnect the switched neg and the speaker.

Get ladders up and remove battery from siren unit.

Remove mains power and battery again.

Panel now dead.

Buy new panel.

Get back to me and I'll tell you what to do.

No need to make a drama out of it.

That's it Lee,

I've had enough.

Sorry mate, can't take any more of this clap trap.

Look after yourself mate.

Chain Daisy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back