accenta g3 alarm system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help, i have just moved into a property and the alarm system is an accenta g3, there was no code with it and i need to know if i can change it to my own code without having the original, thanks

Sponsored Links
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Technical/DataSheets/Ade/4pi175_A-G3_inst.pdf

The short answer is Yes you can, but you will need a little bit of effort, unless you know the engineers code.
Have a look at the manual as above.
Essentially you will need to turn off the mains supply to the panel, open it (Bells will sound) and disconnect the battery. (The alarm bell/ strobe will continue to sound due to its own battery unless you can understand how to fit a link)
However with the power all turned off, the panel can be reset to its default codes (ie factory settings) as in the manuals.
Power it back up and and press reset twice, you can then reprogram the alarm from scratch and change the codes to your own choice.

That is much easier to say than to do, but there is no "quicker" way than working through it. At the worst you will only upset the neighbours until the bell box battery runs down.

Alternatively an engineer will do it for you.

I know it's been 10 years since this post but I've got the same problem but! The power to the alarm system has been off for over 4 mths will the outside go off when I remove cover?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back