Accenta G3 with RE3000AD dialer - New House

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
We have recently moved into a new house with an Accenta G3 alarm system fitted. I have reset this with the "Reset" "Reset" on power up indicated in the manual, and have set a new code.
However, there is also a box next to the main alarm box that also has a numbered keypad, along with A, B and C buttons, and a display. This has "RE 3000 AD" written on it. I am fairly certain that this is a dialer hooked up to a phone line that is now disconnected (we have switched from BT to cable for the phone).
When I now set the alarm using my code it the alarm beeps for a long time and does not seem to come on.
The RE3000AD panel is beeping every 60 seconds or so and and says "Please Re-Record" on the display.
It seems to me that the RE3000AD is beeping because no dial tone is detected, and the feedback from it to the Accenta G3 is not allowing the alarm to set?
Any advice on how to sort this out would be gratefully received
Many thanks

Sponsored Links
I suspect the reason your alarm won't set is because you've defaulted the panel, but only programmed the user code. Do any lights come on when setting? Any zone lights? There's a fair chance the default settings in the panel won't be suitable for your installation, so you need to program everything to suit your system.

The dialer sounds like re-branded Meniver SD1. Again, this sounds like it's been defaulted to factory settings. The reason it's beeping is because there are no voice messages recorded. To do this, enter 1234, press enter. It should say something like "1 - 4 or 0 - D"

1 - 4 are the telephone number slots, 0 is the address message (address of the protected premises), A, B and C is for each of the trigger inputs (99% chance that A is the only one used on your system, as a general "alarm" message)

Press 0 then enter to record your address, press ent (or 0 or esc, one of those three, cant remember) to save when finished (you only get 40 seconds in total for all 4 messages, so be breif)

Press A and enter to record an alarm message as above. Then, when you've done, program a phone number into Tel 1 slot and it should work.

Hi Scott
Thanks for your advice so far, much appreciated.
I've now rtfm properly and have set zones 1-6 to "Security" and 7-8 as disabled.
I've set all four motion sensors to double knock and included zones 1-6 in Program 1.
Fingers crossed it looks like it works

As for the dialer, it does not accept 1234 (or any key press at all really) so I wonder whether it has not been reset, or is perhaps a different model? Since the phone line is no longer present (we now have cable and I think the cable goes to the old BT box) can you suggest what options there are, disconnecting? Smashing?! I could email a picture of it if that would help?

Many thanks again

Paul[/img]

As an addition to what scott1980 has said, yes it's an SD1 and did you know that if the 12v supply to the RS3000 AD is removed, all programming is lost and you have to do it all over again, carefully does it.

Sponsored Links
Hi both
I've opened up and it does have SD1-R inside on the PCB, which I have managed to find a manual for (need to hold Enter for 6 seconds to enter program mode).
I've disconnected the 12v for now (and taped to make safe) since the BT phone line is no longer live. Can this be linked up to a cable phone line do you know?
Thanks again for your help so far, excellent stuff!

in relation to the RE speech dialler,
yes you can connect it up to your cable line
the unit will work from 33 to 55 volt phone lines, so cable line will be ok.

just connect A and B connections (phone) within the speech dialler to 2 and 5 in the cable box.

you only need those two you dont need a third.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back