Accenta G4 Alarm - Weird Problem, Battery?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, at the weekend our alarm went off even though it wasn't set and our power never tripped (although a neighbour down the road said his power was interrupted). Anyhow the siren wouldn't go off (both keypads were dead) and when I turned off it's circuit at consumer unit it was still belting out!!
I went into loft where the main panel is, turned off the fuse spur, still going so battery backup must be ok (I think) - having turned off power to the alarm and it's still going off, I opened up the panel and disconnected the battery. It kept going off for another 20 mins then eventually stopped. I'm assuming there's another battery in the bellbox outside that finally died for it to stop!?!
The battery I took out main panel is Ultracell 12V 2.4AH and when I check voltage using multimeter it says 10.3. So battery appears ok I think(?) No idea how old battery is but would assume 4-5 years (in when we bought house) and happy to buy replacement as around £15 but is it worth it? I have a feeling something else might have caused it to go off in first place if battery seems ok.
Would appreciate people's thoughts and if any pics useful, just let me know and I'll add.
Cheers
Mike

Sponsored Links
Power surge can sometimes spike the control panel and 're it off.If your battery displaying 10 volts and is4/5 years old I would definitely replace the battery.
The outside bell box if installed correctly will have a battery, but this powers the bell box only.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back