Accenta G4 / Honeywell - Tamper Fault Lockout

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi was looking for some help

Returned from holiday yesterday - the house alarm had a fault on the tamper section. When imputing the user code the panel restored itself but to a TAMPER FAULT LOCKOUT. Now I can't do anything with the alarm.

I called the engineer who installed the alarm for the previous house owner - he thinks the bad weather the night before may have damaged the outer bell box - he recommended resetting the system by removing the battery from the main box & re-fitting it.
I have tried this, the alarm went off when I reattached the battery as expected, my user code silenced the alarm but this has not worked.
The keypad is still on "Tamper Fault Lockout"

I do not have an engineers code either.
Can anyone help or do I have to now call someone out to have a look at it?

Thank you

Rahim

Sponsored Links
You still have a tamper on the system , you could fit a link in the global tamper and the bell tamper to bell 0volts as a quick fix for now. It will need looking at .

Thank you for your quick reply
Unfortunately I don't understands what you mean sorry for being dumb but I'm not very electrical

I guess I can wait till i get some one out to have a look at it

Sponsored Links
Open the panel(grey box, not the key pad). All the connections are along the bottom of the board for your zones, power, tamper etc. pull the wired from the two terminals for the tamper circuit, use a short length of wire to jump the 2 terminals and reset the alarm.
This will not fix your issue as there will still be a break in the tamper loop somewhere but it should allow you to reset and arm your alarm until you source your fault.
I have the same system and I can't remember if it can be set up to require an engineer reset after a tamper. Most installers wouldn't do this on a domestic property however.

..................... and while you are in there don't touch the mains supply while you are poking around looking for the right terminals.

Best to turn off the mains while you are 'inside'

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back