Accenta G4 Mini

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

Recently installed the above alarm in my workshop.
Happy with the install and function, however I've come across a very minor issue.

The first zone is a roller shutter door with just a roller shutter door magnetic contact on the floor/shutter, this is the only entry/exit point and its set to 30 sec timed entry/exit.

The issue is that the alarm will not initially set if the roller shutter door is open, (Setting fault: Front door, obviously because the contacts are open).... It seems under normal conditions the alarm panel expects all the contacts closed to be set... I guess to warn you of fault reasons.

I am able to override the setting fault by inputting pin code 2-3 times to set alarm, leave premises, close shutter door (its a remote shutter door)... Alarm works great... Just annoying to input code/pin 2/3 times.

There is the option of extending the exit time and by closing shutter before setting alarm, but I was hoping to find a way of setting the alarm with a contact initially open?

Not a big deal I know, maybe there is a setting for my scenario or should I just put a magnet over floor contact when setting alarm :D Or maybe there are switches available for this?

Thanks for any advice

Sponsored Links
Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_20190701_204836739.jpg
    IMG_20190701_204836739.jpg
    223.1 KB · Views: 159
LOL .thats going to false alarm.....the floor part needs to be under the magnet .......that’s not a grade 3 roller shutter by any chance ?

Sponsored Links
Not had any false alarms.... Yet.... :mrgreen: Checked connections with multimeter continuity and resistance plus physical alarm tests. The contact works fine and breaks connection where I wanted it to.

The problem was if I put the contacts closer together (as you LOL suggest), that allowed for more gap in the shutter i.e. the contacts didn't break connection until the shutter raised about 2-3 inches... Surely you don't want that?!

By making them further apart I managed to get the contact to break when shutter raised up just under a inch...

Am I right or wrong?

(its grade 2 I believe)

Last edited:
So when the magnet gets weaker over the years ....who going to slide in at 3-4 inches ?

So when the magnet gets weaker over the years ....who going to slide in at 3-4 inches ?

But can you trick the contact/alarm panel by putting a magnet over it and then raising the shutter? =no alarm???

thanks

On the entry exit zone ....so what happens when the detector picks up not seeing the entry contact then?

But can you trick the contact/alarm panel by putting a magnet over it and then raising the shutter? =no alarm???

thanks

my roller sensor is on the inside of the garage. Isn't that the way to do it?

On the entry exit zone ....so what happens when the detector picks up not seeing the entry contact then?

I would say that the alarm will not set if any of the contacts was open after the 30 secs exit time, but during the 30 set-time it allows it (only by overriding code 2-3 times).

Good point though, I will have to test the above conditions tomorrow.
I know I can set alarm with a contact open and then close it during set time, but how do I know the contact is working after the set time - I guess that is the point your making.

Cheers

Point is ..that’s only starts the entry timer ...eg detector inside the building activates instant if it picks up before the entry timer is started ..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back