Accenta G4 - not enough time to deactivate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Hoping someone can help here. Just moved into a new home which has an accenta g4 alarm with an lcd keypad.

Had an engineer to fix it last week... (turns out previous owners replaced a door but forgot to put a magnet back the new door on so it wouldn't set....)

anyway the alarm is working fine but I am finding that because the alarm at the bottom of the stairs i am struggling to de activate it in time before an internal sounder starts going off.

I'm led to believe the default setting is 30 seconds but there's no way i'm getting 30 seconds. I come in through the front door but because I also have to pass by the detector in the lounge i am wondering if this is causing it to set off and activate the siren.

can anyone shed any light on this? Can i set both the front door and the lounge as an entry point to stop this happening? if so can anyone tell me the options to do this?

Regards

Martin.

Sponsored Links
Hi all,

Hoping someone can help here. Just moved into a new home which has an accenta g4 alarm with an lcd keypad.

Had an engineer to fix it last week... (turns out previous owners replaced a door but forgot to put a magnet back the new door on so it wouldn't set....)

anyway the alarm is working fine but I am finding that because the alarm at the bottom of the stairs i am struggling to de activate it in time before an internal sounder starts going off.

I'm led to believe the default setting is 30 seconds but there's no way i'm getting 30 seconds. I come in through the front door but because I also have to pass by the detector in the lounge i am wondering if this is causing it to set off and activate the siren.

can anyone shed any light on this? Can i set both the front door and the lounge as an entry point to stop this happening? if so can anyone tell me the options to do this?

Regards

Martin.

Hi Martin,

Try setting the system then leave the house. Open the front door but do not enter the property. Leave the entry timer to count down until the alarm sounds. If it isn't roughly 30 seconds then it isn't the lounge detector that is getting triggered.

If so then you will need the engineers code to change the entry timer. The default engineers code is 9999. So try that. If it doesn't work you'll need to contact an engineer to reset panel to factory settings.

To change the entry timer:

With the system unset

Press P or PROG
Enter 9999
Press P or PROG again
Press 1
Press 4
Enter 03 (for 30 seconds)
Press tick or SET
Press X or RESET three times.

Let me know if this sorts out the issue. If not I can explain how to program the lounge detector to not trigger after the front door is opened.

Kind Regards,
Matt.

Hi Martin,

Try setting the system then leave the house. Open the front door but do not enter the property. Leave the entry timer to count down until the alarm sounds. If it isn't roughly 30 seconds then it isn't the lounge detector that is getting triggered.

If so then you will need the engineers code to change the entry timer. The default engineers code is 9999. So try that. If it doesn't work you'll need to contact an engineer to reset panel to factory settings.

To change the entry timer:

With the system unset

Press P or PROG
Enter 9999
Press P or PROG again
Press 1
Press 4
Enter 03 (for 30 seconds)
Press tick or SET
Press X or RESET three times.

Let me know if this sorts out the issue. If not I can explain how to program the lounge detector to not trigger after the front door is opened.

Kind Regards,
Matt.

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the response, Now you've explained it that makes perfect sense. I think judging by the way the alarm noise changes as soon as the living room sensor is triggered suggests it is possibly the entry route that is the issue.

The company that came out last week to reset the alarm after we moved in and get it up and running won't give me the engineer code and tried to charge me another £80 to come back out, But after complaining that this should have been set up correctly in the first place they are just going to charge £20 so will hopefully get it sorted.

Bit frustrating though as I'm more than capable of changing settings with the clear instructions you have given. Feel like they are holding me to ransom a little bit! Is this normal practice?

Sponsored Links
Hi Matt,

Thanks for the response, Now you've explained it that makes perfect sense. I think judging by the way the alarm noise changes as soon as the living room sensor is triggered suggests it is possibly the entry route that is the issue.

The company that came out last week to reset the alarm after we moved in and get it up and running won't give me the engineer code and tried to charge me another £80 to come back out, But after complaining that this should have been set up correctly in the first place they are just going to charge £20 so will hopefully get it sorted.

Bit frustrating though as I'm more than capable of changing settings with the clear instructions you have given. Feel like they are holding me to ransom a little bit! Is this normal practice?

I understand how you feel Martin. Unless you are competent in defaulting the alarm control panel yourself to reset engineer's code, you'll have to pay the alarm company's prices.

You could say that alarm companies take advantage of the fact that you can't do all that much without the engineer's code as they have to come out to sort the problem, instead of just giving instructions over the phone, for example, like you would get with BT or Sky, if your broadband was playing up. This is normally only done with alarms that are police monitored or ones that are on maintenance contracts to stop users changing any settings.

Still, it seems annoying that they are charging you a call-out price, when it's their fault it's not functioning how it should.

Hope it gets sorted.
Matt.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back