Accenta/Optima G4 LCD Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Need some help or advices please.

Moved into a house recently. It has an Accenta/Optima G4 Alarm system installed. All working fine until a recent power cut, which set off the alarm. I keyed in the code to silence the alarm, then pressed Reset (may have pressed twice). Since then the LCD display above the keys stopped working- the first line (top) of the LCD is black and the second line (bottom) is white. There are two keypads (one at front door and the other at back door), both display the same. I have since replaced the flat battery in the G4 box, but it doesn’t help with the LCD display problem.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Replace battery for a start , a total down power mains and battery MAY solve the issue

Replace battery for a start , a total down power mains and battery MAY solve the issue
Thanks sparkymarka. When replacing the battery, I did disconnect the mains first and then removed the old battery. So effectively it was a total power down? but it didn't help.

Sponsored Links
Was it a new battery ? How long was it powered down for ?

Yes, a brand new battery. When the power was down (both mains and battery), the outside alarm was set off; so I replaced the battery as quickly as possible (to avoid upsetting neighbours). It took less than a minute.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back