Accenta Mini LCD G4 bell continuously sounding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have installed the Accenta Mini G4 and bell in my shed, it has been working for a good few years with no trouble at all, just one trigger on the shed door.
However today I could hear the alarm sounding and went into shed to find out why, the shed had not been broken into and when I tried to turn off the alarm and reset it the bell keeps going, the only way I can get the bell to stop is to turn off the mains supply. I can set and reset the alarm but with the power off the bell will never sound and I suspect the system is not really set but using the battery to make me feel like its set.
Can anybody advise what might be wrong with the system before I chuck it away and buy a new one?
thanks

Sponsored Links
Thanks, I have just removed the battery in the main unit and measured the voltage, it was reading a steady 12.6V. I have read that the battery reads less than 12v when its gone?
do you think it can still be dead?
your reply is much appreciated.

Sorry, the panel was still working when I turned off the mains, I could still set and reset when closing the door, it was just the bell keep sounding that stopped when I turned off the mains.

Sponsored Links
to test a battery properly you need a battery tester this measure the voltage and the the batteries current capacity.

Just you said the only way you could get it to stop was to turn the mains off, the panel wouldn't stop just because you turned the mains off, as the back up battery would take over. The bell box's back up battery (on most modern bells) would have kicked in if the panels power had failed.

what as the display showing, what is in the event log?

how long had the alarm already been ringing for?

after 15 minutes the auto cut off is likely to have cut in and that could be a coincidence that you turned off the mains.

I tested the battery with my multimeter, just the Voltage and not the current.
The display shows normal Time and date etc, nothing unusual.
The Event log shows mains Fail then Mains OK, for over last 100 entries, this was probably me turning the mains off and on, could not see any faults showing and give up after going through 100 entries.

The alarm was ringing for ages, at least 2 hours, although it is not the normal alarm noise, which is like a 2 tone alarm. The noise it was making was more of a continuous loud buzzing noise, It did make the normal alarm 2 tone when I was in the programming mode and testing the alarm.

I have attached photos of the 3 components I have

Control panel.jpg Bell.jpg Main G4.jpg

loud buzzing noise not a normal alarm noise.

do a manual bell test, how does the bell sound.

I did a manual bell test and it works OK and makes the normal alarm siren, while in prog mode the buzzing noise of the bell stops, however when out of the mode it gives off the loud buzzing noise all the time.

Took the cover off the bell box and the green and red lights are alternately flashing

not sure the bell is buzzing, I think it could be the transformer screws need tightening.

hard to be certain as cant see or hear it, but if the bell tests normally then the bell aint buzzing.

I tried the transformer screws and they were tight.
It is very loud, the bell is in my shed and the door locked closed, I can hear it from the front of my garden over 50 yards away.
I made a video with the noise from my mobile but I tried to upload to this posting and it would not allow me to as the file type is not allowed, its an mp4 file

Think I might have to chuck the system away and get a new one :(

I don't use these bells, the sound if its coming from the bell doesn't sound correct.

You say a manual bell test sounds okay, which suggest the bell is okay, if it was a failed piezo I would expect it sound as rough during that test.

I would look at the back up battery as mentioned before and replace the bell, but maybe someone that knows these bells better than I can pass comment.

I tend to use odyssey/ odyssey X, Eurosec XS3D and Orisec bells, never heard one sound like that

Many thanks for your continued assistance and perseverance, you have been very helpful suggesting things I need to test/check.
It is around 8 to 10 years old so I think I need to get a new system.
You have been a great help. appreciate it...

panel back up batteries 4 to 5 years, bell box's can last 20 years+

look at something a little better, plenty of suggestions on here.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back