Accenta/Optima alarm works, but doesn't beep

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, newbie here and I'm having some alarm trouble. Well, technically speaker trouble or something because the alarm itself works fine!

I have the Accenta/Optima system. I can't tell you much more than that because I'm only basing that off the manual - the alarm was already installed when we bought the house. We have one system in the house and another in the garage, which is a separate building, but the alarms are linked. The actual alarm units are different to each other. The main, larger one in the house and a smaller one in the garage. I'm guessing that one is called Accenta and the other Optima but that's a complete guess just based on the name on my manual!

Anyway, the one in the house works fine. I open the front door, the alarm beeps, I press the buttons, which beep, and the alarm disables. The one in the garage however, doesn't make a sound. It definitely works because the alarm still goes off, meaning it sets fine and detects fine, but whatever is meant to make the unit beep, isn't working.

I'm not sure exactly when it started happening. I've been in the house just over 2 years and it did used to beep ok when I walked in the garage, so its something that's stopped working since I've been here. I don't know if its something that I've done accidentally (eg somehow disabled the beeping by pressing something in a panic when the alarm has gone off!) or if its something that has broken in the system.

Can anyone offer any advice? I'm hoping that its something I can do without having to get someone out to look at it, but I'm clueless.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Wow thanks for the quick reply! Is the sounder in the keypad unit or is it separate? sounds like I'll need someone out thought does it?

Is it not possible that I've somehow set the unit in the garage into some kind of silent mode?

and it did used to beep ok when I walked in the garage,

Be more specific, do you actually arm the system and still use it OR is this just a chime that happens when you walk into your garage?

Could be as simple as just pressing the Chime button.

Sponsored Links
Erm, well there's a chime in the house that goes off when I walk in, but I can't remember whether the garage used to do that or not.
I'm mainly referring to the actual alarm beeping when it is armed, and once it senses movement before disarming it.

If its not beeping on entry its either a loose wire, faulty speaker or faulty output. Check connections, when you take the lid off the panel the speaker will go off in tamper, put your meter on the spk terminals on 12v dc when the speaker should be sounding. If youve got voltage then its your speaker.

Regards
dean

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back