Optima Compact alarm will not set

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just installed an alarm in my shed. It's a Accenta/Optima compact led keypad with a PIR and a door contact magnet. I have a sounder and ext bell on the system. Every works except when I try to set it all it does is beep quickly. It doesn't set.

Any idea why that is?

Cheers
David

Sponsored Links
have you programmed or linked out all circuits that you are not using?
magnetic contact not alighned ?
pir (i would have used a dualtech in a shed and or garage with the microwave turned down a little bit, to prevent false alarms)

have you set up exit entry timers to about 30 secs ?

there is not alot to go wrong with an optima, they are very basic?

just check and re check the connections, and wiring configeration

John
Oasis Technical Services (southern) ltd

John

Thanks. I've just programmed the zones and it works a treat. It's not really a shed. More of an office outside so the PIR should be ok.

One other question. The exterior bell has an LED which is flashing red/blue. Is this because the alarm went off when I installed the battery or does it do this all the time?

Do I need to reset it? I followed the reset instructions in the manual but nothing changed.

Cheers
David

led flashing red blue ?
sorry thats a new one on me

most new style external siren/strobe units have a `comfort` led or two leds to as it says comfort you !!!

if you have a flashing bright blue light, that is most probably the strobe light,

the strobe acts as a visual indication of an alarm activation, and continues to flash until the control panel is reset.

let me know what type of external box you have and i will eandeavour to give the you the correct connection data (not that you have not connected it ok, but it always is a good idea to check)

Sponsored Links
John,

It flashes red and green. When the alarm has been activated the blue strobe comes on.

It's an ADE 8ep420 Reason 8 box.

The wiring is right. I think it is designed to light up like that.

thanks very much for your help.

Best regards
David

the strobe acts as a visual indication of an alarm activation, and continues to flash until the control panel is reset.
If installed / wired correctly the strobe now, and has been for quite a while, has to stop at the same time as the sounder.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back