Accenta Optima

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.
I have an Accenta / Optima G4 burglar alarm fitted about 5 years ago.
The other morning I was woken by a false alarm (first one I have had I think) with zones 3 and 5 lit on the LED keypad. I reset the alarm and it all cleared. The problem is that now, with the alarm off, if I walk into any of the odd numbered zones, the alarm “chimes”.
Chime is not activated at all, and it is only the odd numbered zones that are affected, not the even ones.
After doing a bit of reading, I have realised that the battery has gone faulty (8.2v). I have replaced the battery and the charging circuit is okay and the battery is fully charged, but I am still getting the chime on the odd zones.
I have also read that these alarms don’t react well to flat batteries so is there anything else that I can check or do before deciding that the main circuit board has been damaged beyond repair by a mains spike?

Thanks in advance. Paul

Sponsored Links
Turn off the "chime" facility.

The system should be in Day mode (System Unset).
• Press [CHIME]. The zone LED’s will come on to show those
zones that are already set up for Chime (possibly none).
• Press the zone [number] to toggle it in and out of chime.
• When you have finished using the Chime mode press [RESET] or
wait a few seconds. The zone LED goes off.

The low battery probably spiked the panel and this has caused the effect you mention.

Alarm, you are a star. I didn't realise the chime facility worked that way.

Thank you very much for your help, you were spot on.

Paul

Sponsored Links
Glad to help.
Thanks for getting back.
Always good to see the assistance worked.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back