accenture alarm 8 alarm wont turn off after replacing batt

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there

I am new to this so please bear with me... Earlier today I had to power off the mains to the house to carry out some electrical work. When I switched back on my alarm went off. The normal 4 digit code didn't work so the only way i could power it down and stop the bells was to remove battery and disconnect from the mains (I just pulled the fuse). I read this could be to do with a duff battery (mine was over 4 years old) so I just replaced the battery from Maplins and when I plug in the new battery and/or connect to the mains the alarm goes off- when I enter my code it wont shut down. I am a bit stuck now.....

Any ideas what i need to do or what i done wrong

Cheers

Paul

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the quick reply - Short answer is NO Ii have not tried a default code as i don't know what that would be.. only my access code im afraid....do you know what the default code is for my unit

Sponsored Links
Tried the codes still the same no luck still just rings when power and battery connected

Not sure about 8, but on 3,

Removing battery and mains supply defaults the panel.
The panel will then be set up for its default zone programmes and your house may not match. Sorry but it needs reprogramming.
Would not have happened if the battery was OK when mains shut off.

Needs an NVM reset:

Power down mains and battery.

Remove all wires from PA + (Terminal 17? Depends which Accenta 8 model you have)

and SET+ (Terminal 27? Depends which Accenta 8 model you have)

Fit wire link between these two terminals.

Power up battery again.

Remove wire link.

Refit original wires.

Reconnect mains.

Unit is reset to factory codes and parameters.

If you are at all unsure which terminals to use, do not proceed. I take no responsibility for how this advice is used.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back