Nexus 8 Alarm not going off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had to replace the battery in the main unit but since then when I set the alarm it makes all the right noises but when I enter the house again the alarm doesnt go off.

I have checked all sensors and the bell are all working fine but its just when i activate the alarm. The sensors do not set the alarm off.

When I enter the code it just tells me the zones which have been affected.

Any one got any ideas??

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Have you performed a walk test of the detectors to ensure that they are picking you up and are the LED's glowing when you walk in front of the detectors ? You could have blown a fuse on board the main pcb by inadvertently allowing the battery wire ends to touch, don't worry we all do it, I still do it occasionally. Replace the fuses with ones of the correct rating as found in the manual. Let's try that first. I hate to start a programming session when it's something to do with hardware. Programming at this stage would be of very little help if the problem is a blown fuse for example.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back