Veritas 8 Alarm problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I had to change the battery on the Veritas 8 alarm. While I removed the panel, tamper light lit and started beeping. Entering my code silenced it. I then turned the mains off before touching the battery as cables were all over the place. Replaced the battery and the alarm went off, entering my code did not make any difference and silence the alarm. Entered the code 4321 which silenced the alarm.

Previously, "part" button was programmed as - 2 external door detectors when activated will set off the alarm straight away while 2 internal sensors will beep for 10 seconds before alarm sounds. When part is pressed, usually lights for zones 1-4 will flash on the system, not 100% sure.

Now, if I press part, zones 5,6,7,8 are flashing while nothing happens for 1-4. Not sure what has happened but this doesn't look right. Can someone offer advice please or is it best to call out the engineer?

thanks in advance,

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back