Veritas 8 alarm problem

mkb

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. We have a veritas 8 alarm ( was already in the house ) not sure which model. Got the booklet but it doesn't tell me what the numbered lights along the top signify.
Our problem is we press FULL to set the alarm and it bleeps but then it continues to bleep but doesn't set. A light comes on, I think it's the second light from the right. Does this signify a fault ? We the enter the code and the light goes off and the alarm shuts up but we can't set it
Help Pleeeeesse.

Sponsored Links
Does it have a flip up bit at the top with writing underneath it?
Likely going to be a tamper or the unset light.

When you try and set it, it will go bip bip bip bip etc at a steady rate, then it'll pause and then start going bip bip bip again. How many times does it go bip between pauses?

Sponsored Links
What does 24 hour tamper mean? Will check the bip bip pause etc., I think it just bip bips continuously if that means anything.

24hr tamper is a circuit which covers all the detectors, the panel, the keypad(s) and the bell box(es).

Each device has a switch which when the cover is properly closed will complete the circuit. If any of the covers are removed or dislodged, or cables to the devices get cut / damaged it will set the system off, and then alert you after that when you try and set it as someone has possibly compromised the correct operation of the system.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back