challenger house Alarm not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi im after a bit of advise please
We Have recently moved into our bungalow , it's fitted with a challenger house alarm if tried to set it by pressing the alarm number followed by prog but it just continues to bleep and doesn't set ..

Sponsored Links
A continuous bleep may be indicating that a Zone is still open for example the back door has been left open. The system may have internal door sensors so try closing all doors. Also make sure that the doors which have sensors also have a magnet fitted to the actual door, sometimes these get knocked off.
Also check that any movement sensors are flashing Red. If not you may have a blown fuse.

Last edited:
just looking through my manuals and I don't have a challenger one with a prog button, so not sure.

I find it hard to believe that you enter your code and prog to set your alarm panel.

Usually your code, set, full or combination is used to set most alarm systems, prog is usually entered after a code to access programing menus rather than setting the panel.

a picture of the keypad might be useful as some panels were rebranded and some have installation names on them.

The two panels that immediate jump into my head with a prog button are the Accenta and Veritas.

Sponsored Links
Had look and theres a few challenger panels out there some with a prog button, a quick look at those user manuals suggested that they weren't set by user code prog though.

force 10 have a program button .. but you don't need it to set it unless you want to omit a zone.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back