Yale HSA 6400 siren doesn't sound when alarm is triggered?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Our alarm was working fine but I changed one of our door to an entry point and gave it a test. I noticed that the panel displays alarm, alarm, alarm, alarm but there is no siren going off from the panel or external siren?

If go into the siren setting and press confirm on, the external siren bleeps. If I press and hold keypad buttons 1 and 3 it will set off both the external and keypad siren. But if I let the alarm go off by opening a door etc after the set time the panel displays alarm, alarm, alarm, alarm and then the phones start ringing but no panel or external siren?

Any ideas how to fix this?

TIA.

Sponsored Links
It has brand new Duracells in the bell box/externalsiren. Plus we know it works when we set off the panic alarm and check its connected by using the confirmation beep in the settings menu.

Sponsored Links
I've emailed [email protected] this morning. I asked here as I didn't expect them to be there over the weekend and don't like teh alarm not working. I was hoping I was missing something obvious, which someone could point out. If Yale do tell me or get it sorted out, i'll add the answer here for teh benefit of the archives.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back