Veritas 8 false alarm

gbr

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Veritas 8 alarm installed 3 years ago and it’s worked fine. Last week whilst at work it went off for no reason. Zone 3 light was lit on keypad. I reset it checked the two pir’s for any bugs etc. The next day it went off again whilst I was out this time no lights lit on keypad. As it’s three years old I changed the battery which set off the tamper and somehow reverted the alarm back to factory settings.I only have two pir’s on zone 2+3 so i set those to guard and the rest of the zones to disabled via zone disabling suite. I armed the alarm and when out it went off again.I put alarm into programme mode pressed 4 / 1 and the tamper light flashes. I then pressed omit for further information and light zone 3 is on and light zone one flashes. I’ve checked everything for loose wires etc and it’s fine.When I do I walk test the two pir’s work as they should. Do any of you guys have an ideal as to what’s causing the false alarms any advice would be much appreciated. I’m sure it’s a minor fault

Sponsored Links
You have a panel or keypad lid tamper.

The tamper list has been mentioned on here and is in the manuals.
what times of day were the activations?

It activated once in the evening around eight and once during the afternoon. I have a main box with tamper lid and a keypad.

Tamper and the omit giving a 3 is a lid tamper, so chances are the lids are not closed properly, some keypads are just click in place, the panel shhould here the click as you close the lid and then tighten the screws

Sponsored Links
I’ve checked the lid and also the keypad and both are closed correctly. On the alarm history zone 3 is lit up which must have been activated when I took off the control panel lid. It flashes on zone 1 which in instructions says the siren box but I’ve checked and it’s fine.

hmmm.

if tamper shows and you then press omit, this is different to showing zones active. (confusion)

one of the biggest issues is reading the data correctly, LED panels are not the best as the leds have multiple meanings based on the sequence used.

basic LCD requires knowing what the digits stand for and full LCD makes life a lot easier.

If zone 3 is regularly showing up as being activated, move it to a spare zone and link out zone 3, this will tell you if the panel is playing up or the device and or the cable to that device.

Sorry if I’ve confused you it’s not really clear to me in the installation manual. I’ll swap the pir from zone 3 to disused zone 4 and link out 3 and see if it stops further false alarms and let you know. Many thanks for advice so far really helpful.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back