Veritas 8 - Keypad and PIR issue..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I've recently decorated my hallway.. During the process I unscrewed two PIRs (OPTEX EX-35T) from the walls - did not disconnect, just unscrewed, wiring is intact.

One PIR in the hallway - on Zone 2.
One PIR on the Landing - on Zone 7.

I had to power down the mains (including the Alarm system), to fit some plugs / light sockets.

Brought the power back up and now I am having issues setting the alarm.
I have two Part Sets
- 1 for all of downstairs (3 magnetic contacts, 3 PIRs)
- 1 for upstairs, just the one Landing PIR

When enter the code to set the alarm, zone 2 and zone 7 PIRs light up red, with the unset green led flashing.
If I then press 'full', the keypad repeatedly beeps seven times (for zone 2 and zone 7 PIR I guess).
Alternatively, if I press 'part' after entering the code, the key pad clicks (giving me time to vacate the zone, then starts repeatedly beeping two times (as if I have not left the zone).

If I let the beeping continue, the alarm does not go off..

It seems that the PIRS are constantly registered as open on the Keypad - If I observe the PIRs in situ, they flick on and off with movement as expected.

One other thing I've noticed.. the tamper alarm goes off if I remove the keypad cover or the main unit cover.. It does not seem to go off if I remove the PIR front cover (or press the tamper switch after removing the cover)

Note that I have two other PIR's that seem fine and the magnetic contacts on doors all seem fine..

Sorry for the long post. Any assistance appreciated.
Regards,
Dom

Sponsored Links
Hi Sparkymarka, securiam.

The system was installed by the previous house owner, and I believe the unit was installed circa 2003 - it is probably the original installed battery.

The unset led only flashes after putting in my code.

Does this help ?
Regards,
Dom

Sponsored Links
HI Sparkymarka,
Also, yes, it was a total power down, removed battery, reconnected all up after 30 mins downtime.

battery 2003, replace after 5 years is the norm, so at least 12 years over due on that footing

Hi,
Take the point on the battery, and I'll deal with that...

I would imagine that any potential issues with the battery, as long as mains power is provided, would not be the cause of the problem with the PIR or setting the alarm?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back