veritas r8 false alarm problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone.

I have a veritas alarm. I think its a R8 judging by google images i have found.

I had my first false alarm in the middle of the night since the alarm was installed maybe 10+ years ago.

must say i crapped myself as i went down stairs expecting to be greeted by a burglar or 2.

Anyway, no sign of a break in and the alarm panel had the TAMPER light and ZONES 1 2 3 & 4 all alight.

I reset the alarm and figured that maybe a tamper contact in a PIR was disturb in some way. I went around all the PIR's and give them a wobble and squeeze in the hope that it would reset the alarm off. I also give the front of the alarm panel a few pushes in case that had come loose. Again no alarm.

So i set the alarm and go back to bed.

About 1 hour later the alarm goes off again !

Again the panel is showing - Tamper + Zone 1 2 3 & 4 all lit up.

I reset again and left it off. It has not activated again since.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
2 years old at a guess.

We had a power cut a few weeks ago and my alarm was fine. The neighbors alarms was ringing away so dont think i have a battery issue.

are zones 1 to 4 all powered detectors ? whats on 5 -8 ? how old is the bell box ? post a picture of it, it could be water damage in the bell box.

Sponsored Links
are zones 1 to 4 all powered detectors ? whats on 5 -8 ? how old is the bell box ? post a picture of it, it could be water damage in the bell box.

I have 4 PIR's.

1= Hall
2= Kitchen
3= Lounge
4= Dinning room.

As for the other zones i dont think they do anything.

The bell box is same age as alarm (10+ years) It is protected from rain as sits under the eaves of the house roof. I cant get a picture due to where it is mounted. I could but would need laders to get up on garage roof as this blocks your veiw of it unless stood 20 meters away from house.

The bell box strobe was flashing etc when alarm was going off . Very bright strobe on it as it was reflecting off surrounding houses and lighting up the bedrooms, drive etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back